The redesigned EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens from Canon ups the ante for optical performance for a professional standard zoom lens. It has one Super UD lens element and two UD lens elements that minimize chromatic aberrations in the periphery at wide-angle, as well as reducing color blurring around the edges of the subject. In addition, two types of aspherical lenses are combined to help reduce spherical aberration over the entire image area, as well as through the full zoom range. Optimized lens coatings help ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting.
- New optical design utilizes one Super UD lens element and two UD lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration in the outer area at wide-angle; as well as eliminates color blurring around the edges of the subject, for images with high resolution and contrast.
- Combines two types of aspherical elements to reduce spherical aberration, and achieve high image quality across the entire screen area and throughout the full zoom range.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh and rigorous conditions.
- Nine-blade circular diaphragm delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Ring USM, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms for fast autofocusing.
- Manual focus override in One Shot AF mode allows precise manual focus even in AF mode.
- Optimized lens coatings ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Zoom lock lever locks the zoom position at the wide end for safe transporting.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||24–70 mm|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Minimum focus||0.38 m (14.96″)|
|Motor type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||805 g (1.77 lb)|
|Diameter||89 mm (3.48″)|
|Length||113 mm (4.45″)|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||82.0 mm|